Cub Scout Uniform Information
- Tigers, Wolves and Bears: Blue Cub Scout shirt (my suggestion is to buy the short sleeve shirt, big enough to grow into, and wear a long-sleeve shirt underneath in cold weather)
- Webelos: Either the Blue Cub Scout shirt or the Khaki Boy Scout shirt may be worn.
- Neckerchief for the Cub’s rank (Tiger, Wolf, Bear, or Webelos)
- Neckerchief slide for the Cub’s rank
- Handbook for the Cub’s rank (not really a uniform item, but required to track achievements)
- Hat for the Cub’s rank: optional, but many of the boys get the hat
- Spirit of Adventure Council Shoulder Patch
- 149 (Pack number)
- Den # (see your Den Leader for Den number listing)
- World Scout Crest Emblem (optional)
- You don’t buy the rank badge; the Cub Scout earns it by fulfilling the requirements for his rank.
- (Note) If you do not want to sew, you can purchase Badge Magic which is an adhesive for the patches.
The BSA produces a handbook specific to each den. It describes the activities and requirements for each Cub Scout in the den so that your son may earn the appropriate badges and progress through the ranks. We recommend that you read the handbook and be familiar with the requirements and help your son progress through them.
Which den does my son belong in?
When purchasing uniforms and handbooks, please select items based on your son’s den. If you’re not certain where your son fits, please use the following guideline or contact the Cubmaster or den leader. When shopping, let the store know what den your son is in and they can help to recommend the correct items to purchase.
|Webelos I||Fourth Grade|
|Webelos II||Fifth Grade|
Uniforms and handbooks can be purchased at
- Maynard Outdoor Store, 24 Nason St., Maynard, MA, 978-897-2133
- Scout Shop, 2 Tower Office Park, Woburn, MA 01801, 781-937-4282
- Scout Shop, 411 Unquity Road, Milton, MA 02186, 617-361-0315